Latest news and info below:-
Berkley Salon Ensemble Concert
- The musicians will be ready for food at about 5.45pm. Paul to note when confirming arrangements with Keith Horton
- The Ensemble has agreed to accommodate a visit by half a dozen or so children (with parents) from ClaverleySchool during rehearsals at about 4pm on the afternoon of the concert. This will provide a good photo/publicity opportunity. Alice Middleton will select the children involved.
- The musicians will require 10 chairs (preferably armless) for the performance
- I have contacted Mike Tait and confirmed delivery of the Tuck Hill Marquee on the evening before the concert
- Jacqui, Jenny & Clair had their photos taken today by Simon Devey today as planned.
- Everyone is agreed that we should not spend too much on large advertising posters but that is worth putting one in the Bull Ring (corner of churchyard rose bed?) and one elsewhere. Jacqui will check with Badger Print re order lead times.
- Lynda has told Peter that there is no rush to move the troughs and we can leave them where they are for the time being. This is one less thing to worry about in the run-up to judgement day!
Summer Planting Scheme
- Nick Bromley says that our plants are coming on well and that they will be available for planting out as planned on Sat 4th June
- I have ordered the compost from Petersfield Growing Mediums. This year the compost will contain a higher level of loam and water retention agent to make the troughs less susceptible to drying out. The compost will be delivered to Nick Bromley.
Plough Herb Bed
- The herb plants that I purchased earlier in the week were planted in the bed at the rear of the Plough car park on Saturday morning. Keith is happy for the herbs to be available for local residents to use but not until they have become established.
- Jenny has come up with a good idea of producing a small leaflet/booklet to explain what the herbs are and when they can be picked etc. No doubt she will explain more about this at our next meeting.
School Playground Plants
- Mick & I installed 12 potentillaâ€s in a section of the rough ground adjoining the school playground on Saturday. It is doubtful if they will survive the hostile environment there but if they do the scheme can be extended to the remainder of the area. I managed to obtain a special price for the plants from the wholesaler so our investment in the trial planting is very small.
Hanging Basket Comp
- Tina Woodward would prefer not to do the judging this year because of heavy council commitments.
Thatâ€s it for now
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1325 / Virus Database: 1500/3621 - Release Date: 05/06/11